August 16, 2020 Patch
|Patches||← August 07, 2020 Patch||August 16, 2020 Patch||August 18, 2020 Patch →|
v1.55 Patch Notes - Classic Mode 2.0 Hi folks,
We just released a big update for DemonCrawl that adds selectable skins to Classic Mode! You can unlock Classic Skins by earning high scores in each stage of a regular quest.
If you manage to get every Classic Skin, you will be rewarded with the new Infinite Journey achievement. This patch introduces 20 achievements altogether!
There are also 3 challenging new Stage Mods. Check them out:
Full patch notes are below.
- Redesigned Classic Mode interface
- Unlock skins for Classic Mode by earning a certain amount of points in each stage
- Hybrid skins are supported by Classic Mode as well
- Randomize your Classic Mode settings by clicking on the "Custom" difficulty button
- New stage mod: Vigilant - "Before opening or chording a cell, nearby visible monsters will attack you."
- New stage mod: Forsaken - "Legendary items do not work. Omens activate an additional time."
- New stage mod: Surrounded - "At the start of the stage, monsters spawn along the perimeter." (Suggested by community member Cubear!)
- Added new color palettes for 10 existing stage mods
- Added 20 achievements
- Added Patch Notes button to main menu
- Added Discord button to main menu
- Added Patreon button to main menu
- Added something ~secret~
Quality of Life
- Updated the description of Helm for clarity
- If you lose on a Dark stage, board visibility will be restored for ease of review
- Fixed string issues related to Greedy Pig, Treasure Pouch, Medusa Head, Dumbbell, Ritual Chalk
- The following items now observe standard event triggers: Brainsap, Hot Sauce, Taxes, Monocle, Claw, Chromatic Choker, Appetizer, Anvil
- Fixed a crash related to hovering a Snowball artifact
- Fixed another crash related to the Dark Chest that adds monsters to a stage
- Fixed Doomcall not activating harbingers a second time as described
- Fixed a visual glitch that would cause bosses to desync from their cell during movement
- Similar to above, fixed an issue related to Groupie and stranger movement
- Fixed title casing in Glint tooltips
- Fixed Gluttony not interacting with Mystery Meat
- Fixed a crash related to Prism of Intellect not distinguishing between normal and divine item radius (e.g. Divine Watering Can)
- The Predatory stage mod will no longer create a toast notification if there are no monsters on the board
- Applying Burning directly to a hidden cell no longer activates monster reveal effects
- Nightmare toast will no longer show up when right-clicking objects on the board
- The inventory button will no longer animate if your inventory is full whenever item acquisition is attempted
- Fixed a Linux-only crash related to Quest V by replacing spaces in stage skin folders with underscores
- Speculative fix for visual glitch that causes an empty cell to appear full (please let us know if you continue running into this issue)
Hotfix #1 @ 6:52 PM EST - Fixed a couple crashes related to localization features. Hotfix #2 @ 9:13 PM EST - Fixed a crash related to metagate and the new classic skin progression.DemonCrawl is currently on sale for 25% off. This offer ends tomorrow!