October 24, 2020 Patch
|Patches||← October 20, 2020 Patch||October 24, 2020 Patch||October 25, 2020 Patch →|
v1.63 Patch Notes - Halloween Pt. 2 Hi folks,
To kick off the second week of our Halloween event, we have just released a big DemonCrawl update that includes 36 new items, 2 Special Chests, a new special stage, and an item archetype called Mastery Dolls! Ohh yeah!
Additionally, we have made the Maniac boss a bit less maniacal, giving you more counterplay even in bad openings. Some players have asked if the Maniac is a permanent boss - we can confirm that Maniac is not a standard member of the boss pool and will be disabled outside of the yearly Halloween event.
Read on to find out more:
Full patch notes are below. Enjoy!
- Added Mastery Dolls (special passive items that enhance your ultimate mastery ability)
- 36 new items
- 28 Passive
- Banker Doll
- Barbarian Doll
- Bubbler Doll
- Commander Doll
- Demolitionist Doll
- Detective Doll
- Exorcist Doll
- Firefly Doll
- Guardian Doll
- Hunter Doll
- Immortal Doll
- Knight Doll
- Lumberjack Doll
- Marksman Doll
- Mutant Doll
- Novice Doll
- Prophet Doll
- Protagonist Doll
- Scholar Doll
- Scout Doll
- Snowflake Doll
- Spark Doll
- Spy Doll
- Survivor Doll
- Undertaker Doll
- Wizard Doll
- 4 Consumable
- 1 Magic
- 3 Omen
- New Special Stage: Workshop - "Consume mastery charges to create mastery dolls"
- New Special Chest: Elemental - "Apply random elemental auras to all cells in this column and row when you open this chest. It contains an 'aura' item."
- New special chest: Mastery - "Gain 1 mastery charge when you open this chest. It contains a 'mastery' item."
- New Glint: Geo - "Gain 5% pathfinding at the start of the quest."
- New glint: Doll - "Gain your mastery doll at the start of the quest."
- Added pathfinding Wishpool
- Added Hero Trial effect based on the number of times your mastery ability has been activated
Quality of Life
- You can now search for favored items in the Codex using the European spelling ("favour")
- Updated toast for Immutable Meteorite
- Updated toast for Surgical Saw with Guardian
- We can now filter out items from the start of the quest based on profile conditions (e.g. Battery and Doll items will not drop if you don't have a tier 3 mastery selected)
- Maniac nerf: Dark Hearts will no longer spawn alongside the Maniac in your opening move
- Maniac nerf: "Whenever the last visible stranger is killed, you die."
- Pacifier price reduced from 40 to 36 coins
- Golem prices increased from 30 to 35 coins (Blood Golem, Steel Golem and Paper Golem)
- Hungry Plant's coin reward is now based on its item requirements rather than the stage power
- Replaced Bones with Magic Bones in the Mage's droptable
- Added various Dolls to Stranger droptables
- Updated Fishing Pole droptable
- Loosened requirements for Halloween Chest
- Improved performance of item search script
- Tweaked wall collision for enlarged orbs
- Fixed Regal Chest conditions for blessing projectile
- Fixed Punching Bag Simulator achievement requiring 4 consecutive attacks instead of 3
- Fixed Babyface canker mutation
- Fixed Stake's description which stated cells opened rather than turns
- Fixed memory leak related to Deck of Cards
- Added sanity check for writing to log file in case it was already closed
We implemented several of your ideas this patch!
- Added Grim Pump omen created by juh9870
- Added Electric Eel omen inspired by NotAJumbleOfNumbers
- Added toast ideas by Samario and Zapo
---Note - Due to the size of this update, we're going to delay its launch on non-Windows platforms by a few hours in case there are any urgent issues that need addressing. Thank you for understanding!