August 02, 2020 Patch
|Patches||← July 22, 2020 Patch||August 02, 2020 Patch||August 07, 2020 Patch →|
New Items and Legendary Reworks!
Hope your weekend is going well!
We just deployed an update for DemonCrawl that includes official Linux support, 5 brand new items, a prompt that lets you choose which legendary item to keep, various legendary tweaks, and several UI enhancements.
This patch also includes a lot of foundational work for localization support. We are very eager to begin translating DemonCrawl to other languages! If you think you can help with this, feel free to take a look at our documentation and shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with some details about your professional background.
We hope you enjoy! Full patch notes are below.
- Added Linux support
- New Patreon reward set: Robot Uprising - 5 new avatars and 1 new inventory
- New passive item: Primordial Bangle - "At the start of each stage, gain a random magic item if you have less than 200 mana."
- New consumable item: Magic Munchies - "Gain a soul, plus 1 soul for every 200 mana you have."
- New consumable item: Zeal of Love - "Spawn a heart. If you have to guess, convert all visible hearts to souls."
- New consumable item: Zeal of Hate - "Spawn a monster. If you have to guess, convert all visible monsters to Minions."
- New omen: Mystery Meat - "Your consumable item effects are randomized."
- Implemented toggle mute buttons in the audio settings
- You may now decline legendary items from chests if they would replace an existing legendary item
- If there's not enough space for a chest item to drop on the ground, the item will drop to a different cell instead
- Arcane Barrier rework: "Whenever a monster is revealed, activate a random targeted magic item at its cell before taking damage."
- Kingmaker rework: "Every 20 cells opened without making a mistake, spawn a familiar then solve all cells near your familiars."
- Hypertrap buff: "Flag 25% of all monsters when you begin a stage."
- Resolute Horn buff: "When you leave a stage, gain 2 souls for each heart you leave behind."
- Resolute Horn price increased from 10 to 15
- Sphere of Influence price reduced from 40 to 30
- Blind Justice price reduced from 15 to 9
- Ointment price reduced from 17 to 14
- Badge of Honor price increased from 14 to 18
- Fake Moustache price reduced from 50 to 45
- Silver Bullet buff: doubled the base chance of converting a projectile to a Blessing
- Paper Golem can spawn Quest for Mythos more often, though it is still quite rare
Quality of Life
- Starpond will now tell you how many of each item you currently have
- Stage mods can now stack in the UI
- Improved appearance of burning cell particles
- Thought Bubble orbs can no longer spawn right next to the edges of the screen
- The vast majority of item notifications now support loading via external JSON
- Quest names and description strings now support external JSON
- Stage names are description strings now support external JSON
- Fixed an issue related to the autosolver's understanding of the monster count
- Fixed Blinding mod not concealing damage taken in the help menu
- Fixed another issue related to immutable objects getting destroyed
- Bugle can no longer activate before monsters have spawned
- Divine Blood Magic can no longer activate before monsters have spawned
- You can no longer pay the Gambler if he has no valid cells to move to
- Added notification that you cannot switch codex profiles during a quest
- Fixed minor memory leak with Bag of Tricks
- Fixed Molotov incorrectly stating that you must be in the overworld to use
- Fixed a typo in the monster name generator